The Clerk to the Burial Board is Daphne Dunning who is also Clerk to the Parish Council.
c/o 25 Parkfield Rank Pucklechurch Bristol BS16 9NR
Telephone: 07525 842 095
Please note that the office has limited opening hours.
Burials, interments of ashes or erections of memorials can only be carried out with the permission of Pucklechurch Parish Council and the owner of the exclusive rights of burial (unless it is to inter the owner of the exclusive rights).
This is a small burial ground with multiple burial plots. The site is not staffed.
- The overall ground surface around all the burial plots is uneven and particular care is needed around these areas.
- The parish council has a duty to preserve biodiversity requiring sensitive management of the burial ground.
- Grass is cut twice a month during the growing season weather permitting.
- Paths of short grass will be cut throughout the site to aid movement.
- Grass around the burial plots will be cut to maximise resistance to drought.
- Areas of longer grass will be left around the perimeter to encourage wild flowers and biodiversity.
- Visitors to the burial site need to be aware that weather conditions can affect grass growth which can be very vigorous. Strong grass growth between cuts may at times make it more difficult to negotiate areas of uneven ground.
- Care is also needed when it is wet.
- The parish council strongly recommends that visitors keep to the cut paths wherever possible.
ground is subject to Pucklechurch Burial Board Cemetery Regulations. In particular:
Regulation 25: Memorials may not be made of wood, metal, concrete or synthetic material and shall not be painted.
Regulation 29. Flowers enhance the appearance of the burial ground. A vase or plant container in stone is permitted as long as it does not extend beyond the base of the memorial.
Regulation 30. Planting can only be included within the memorial itself. There is to be no other planting on graves or cremation plots. Many plants, due to the depth of their roots may prevent the future reopening of the grave.
Regulation 32: The following items are not permitted in Pucklechurch Cemetery; they include but are not restricted to: plastic flowers; wind chimes; windmills; flags; lights; candles; any kind of fencing; anything made of glass
The parish council has arranged memorial safety testing which will be undertaken shortly.